Hot Bin MK52 (tax included)
This highly efficient hot and hungry composter has been a game changer for me. Not only does it process all our kitchen waste quickly (including meat and dairy) but it kills pests and pathogens as well. On a small urban operation where crop rotation is for the most part not viable, it significantly reduces disease pressure. Additionally, we have rats living next door but there are no bite marks on this beast. It is a sealed unit without odour and apparantly their teeth do not penetrate well. I actually keep my Hot Bins in the shade but when I open the lid it is consistently steaming. I have developed a method in which the wood chips are not necessary for aeration by using a better turning tool that that provided or by simply emptying it out with rubber gloves and refilling once every 3 weeks or so. Please contact prior to purchase.
- Composting Volume Capacity: 52 Gal
- Household size: 3-5 people
- Weight: 18 Lb.
- Material: Expanded Polypropylene (EPP), 2 in. thick insulating walls that retain heat
- Dimensions: 22” L x 22” W x 45” H
- Year-round composting includes cold winters and hot summers.
- Composts in 30-90 days without forking or tumbling
- Easy to start, no assembly is required
- Composts 32 times faster than cold composting in the market
- Compost more types of waste including cooked food, bones, and pet poop.
- A charcoal filter reduces compost-related odors that attract pests.
- No power source, accelerators, or activators needed
- Leachate Collection System: The HOTBIN MK2 and Mini models feature a leachate collection system that collects the naturally created fertilizer as part of the decomposing process. Both HOTBIN models have a sloped internal base that funnels the liquid toward the drainage cap. The liquid fertilizer, also known as ‘compost tea’, can be easily retrieved from a front-side valve.
What’s included with your HOTBIN?
- Lid thermometer to monitor temperature
- Airtight lid and bio-filter to minimize odors
- Aeration base plate to disperse air within the bin
- Removable front hatch to harvest new compost
The EXTRAS you receive:
- Extra thermometer to track the HOTBIN’s internal temperature
- Raking stick to mix the waste
- Kick Start empty Bottle (to boost the temperature when starting the bin in winter)
- Two cam straps